Search Blog

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day 7 - Art Galleries + Design

Today: A hunt for DESIGN stuff.


 Found Bangkok Art&Culture Center housing tons of different types of art and some design (even food design!) Had up to 9 floors. The 7-9th had the artwork exhibitions.

My aunt found TCDC which has a TCDC RESOURCE CENTER. It is super effin AWESOME. Also, really quiet and imtimidating.

We visited it later after.
 There was a Senior Thesis show by the Bangkok University International of Graphics and Multimedia. The theme was time, I saw some amazing things in this gallery and good artwork. Totally better than some of First Friday's exhibits.











Going up to the 7th-9th floors leads you to a 2 story ramp.
 Each has small exhibitions and the ramp had fantastic illustrations and paintings done by various artists!


 This was the top 9th floor. It had some design aspect to it and architecture. Unfortunately not allowed to take photos, but I snuck in one to show you a layout. The right has their bike design project. Awesome awesome! I wish I couldve taken a photo of the design stuff they made

I noticed this sign on the wall....
and decided to do it too! I got a foreigner to take a photo for me because I was traveling alone upstairs.

So onward to TCDC!
by...skytrain O_O


 Made it to TCDC, learned it is government funded and houses a library only for members with 25,000+ books and benefits. Theres even a 4,500+ materials collection for product designers or architecture. It is so stylishly modern with bookshelves lined up against the walls with minimalist looking furniture in the middle. It was SO quiet in there. They did have glass rooms in the middle for groups. Apparently after digging through the site there is a kitchen where you can get food and multiple movie screening rooms.



Before I went in though, I went to the exhbition TCDC had of the background of design from different countries.



Afterwards, visited "Mos Burger"...a japanese fine burger place but it didn't really beat burger king.
 Back to the train! There is a subway too. I feel like this is NY.





Goal Accomplished

No comments:

Post a Comment