Search Blog

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day 29 - Fitness First

I dont know what m sister was doing. Wait, yes I do.
She put lint from socks onto my leg as I was updating. Appreciate.

So, today was the first day of Fitness First - our 14 day trial of attempting to get back into the routine of working out and gaining some muskles.

We went early, as in before the mall opens. The mall opens at 11am and FF opens at 6am on weekdays so we had to trek to the back. The manager lady that signed us up was sweet and showed us how to use the lockers. When my dad was like what time do I pick you up? I thought 2 hours would be good, but the lady was like, "noo noo! 2pm (4 hours later), workout then do yoga class!"

Uhh, okays, why not? I havent done yoga since the beginning of the school year when design didn't take over my life. We noticed a lot of the people that workout here are older than us. I guess it makes sense because it is the school year and workdays so there aren't many students or people around. It's pretty neat, as they have 4 group exercise studios, one for yoga, one for kids/line dance, one for cycling, and another for body workouts (combat, weighttraining, zumba). We get on the machine to warm up, and then we get approached by short built guy who says warm up then stretch and do ab workout. Huh? We apparently have a personal trainer now. He was busy with someone else, but while he was we went to all the different machines to try it out. It's kinda like being in a candy store and trying out all the bright colored candies and chocolate, but without the sweetness and cavities.

We did a "fitness test" AKA - lets run for 10 minutes at 6.0mph, do 40 pushups, do a plank for 2 minutes, do a one foot balance pose for 2 minutes, and varies of other forms of physical activity that made me sore within minutes. Each was scored by pts to see how fit we were and I think I did okay.

Our trainer guy's name is Plern and speaks english pretty well. I think hes the only trainer that might, but he's nice and welcoming and makes sure we do everything in correct form.

My arms died after 50 pushups.

Sooo, then there was yoga. They had new mats and used mats, so that was nice to be able to use a new mat and then throw it after class into the used so people wouldnt have to waste time wiping them down during class changes. The room is dark with some small lights and the trainer lady was on a podium and it kinda threw me off because it was mirrored instead of her facing the same direction as us. We went into some tai chi and then some basic yoga moves I knew, then into some advanced stuff with abs and stretching at the end. Wayy more advanced than UT's fo reals, I almost fell 10 times attempting to balance with some of these forms. I know the word for right and left foot/hand, but other thn that - my sister and I had to look at the people around us and the instructor a lot to mimic what they were doing. All in all, we survived a thai yoga class. whoa

My dad met us at the restaurant nextdoor and we ate some noodles! yumm. My brother wanted a hot dog and we wanted bananas, so we went to the grocery on the "G" floor and got some stuff to make grilled cheese too.We also got new zealand apples. ooooh, new zealand.

My dad's phone kinda died when we ate. It kept saying "emergency" on his screen. Btw, their phones here are small. At least the basic ones here, and neither of their phones have buttons and things on the side. Anyway, we didn't know what "emergency" this phone was talking about and why it didn't want to make phone calls.

For some reason, my dad thought it would be a good idea to ask the guy at the satelite station. Pretty sure, he had no idea what he was talking about, but luckily my dad's phone started working again.





No comments:

Post a Comment