Search Blog

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 25 - THE HUA HIN BEACH!

This is the most photo + video filled blog ever because its THE BEACHHHHH.
Enjoy all the prettyness.


 I've never seen blueberry pocky, so we got it and tasted it. Yes it really does taste like a blueberry pocky like imagined.
 Stopped for breakfast at a outside place.
 Took 3 hrsish? I slept the whole way and it was one bumpy road. That's one of the first things my sister and I discussed upon exiting the big van.
Well, we reached some random place, I guess to ask where our hotel is. Hua Hin Beach Waveeee. This road was ridiculous, it only fits 1 car.
 Our spaceship of choice.
 Hey, we made it! This hotel is right on the beach. This is super fantastic.




 I noticed that elevators here are very quiet. I can't even tell that it moves. It makes no sound, it makes no movements. This elevator can only fit 6 people. it was a little rough trying to get down from the tenth floor.





 Stray animals everywhere! This poor cat wanted food and it got in the way of everyone and would freak people out while we were eating. The waiter put it under a crate and it kept meowing forever.
 Yes,  a stray puppy in the background. I kinda creeped over to take a photo of it.
 Wow my brother looks abused. Its all mosquito bites. They are vicious here.
 Ew, a jellyfish. *flashbacks of getting a jellyfish sting*
 I was tempted to ride a horse, but then I remembered what a terrible idea that would be because I suck at balancing. I kinda didnt want to make a fool and attempt to even get on it. It was $6 for 15 mins. They pestered everyone. I should've known when they approached that there would be a catch to petting it.

I sleep like this. in the middle of classes.
 They are really cutting grass, with scissors.
 Pool on the 2nd floor is only 4 feeettttt. =[ well, we had fun with the pool to ourselves. It was cold at first, but then we played marco polo and freeze tag. I won at the freestyle race. Woot woot.
 Some vendors selling clothing and random items walking around the beeachhh. I felt bad because they walk around all day hoping to sell one when there isn't many people on the beach.

This was a fairly quiet beach, it was great. When I saw the lawn chairs, my first reaction was "What? its free? Do we have to pay?" Since you know, the U.S charges for everything.

 OH, this is where they get little octopi at night. :O

There were a lot of little crabs on the beach, I am pretty sure I killed a few while walking slowly.

I'm sure a lot of people wonder what I wear to the beach, well usually just a tank top and swim shorts.
I am super tan.



 My sister is so excited, she ran.
There was a school doing ritual stuff tradition. Not sure, but they looked like they were doing fun mini games in a competition.
 crabby holes




Dew snores loudly. I'm glad an ice cream cart came by and turn on its loud music. It woke him up and stopped the snoring. Score!

 I want all these cute stray dogs.



Soooo, after the beachh.. we ventured into the city.
The first thing I dont want to see if an earless, armless, mickey mouse.




 This is how outside restaurants make sukiyaki. Neattt. And honestly one of the best places in my opinion of where I've eaten. Everything was perfectly yummy. Seafood was good too and enjoyed it in the sukiyaki. It was packed and took awhile for us to get seats, but was worth it.
We went into a night market where they sold souvenirs and other random stuff. We came looking for ice cream. 3 scoops for less than $1? Yes please.


 Went to Cicada - a park area that was absolutely designed wonderfully. The park itself had a lot of space and vendors that sold handmade items. There were some shops and cafes in the center in these housing-like places. There was an amphitheater for performances and there was a concert grass area where jazz music was being played. We got dropped off and we saw breakdancing!

Makes me want to pick breakdancing back up and try to master it. Someday, someday. There was a large crowd surrounding the place. Like the photojournalist I was, I pushed my way through into the front.




 One of the best night markets i've seen. A lot of things were handmade and very cheap. Keychain things were like $1 and each had their own style. There was an art gallery in the middle with some paintings and some people were selling their artwork. One person handmade nightlights, another clocks, another shirts, etc. These things were etsy worthy.


I dont think I look good in a cowboy hat. It doesn't even go with my shirt.




 Took a tuktuk back home. A taxi in this city is at a set 150 baht - oh my goodness. Thats expensive.
 We walked at the beach at night and it was deaddddddddddddddddd. As in, no place was open and it was super dark. What a good place to creep and take a nap or something.
We were bored at this time of night..I mean.. no internet :O
But I read a lot today. The most I've read all summer.
Dear's towel matches my blanket.















No comments:

Post a Comment