Search Blog

Friday, June 24, 2011

Day 30 - 1/2 way there

 At 5:30am, we woke up to our aunt telling us to get up because her yoga class is at 6:30am and we were to go with her so we could go to Fitness First.

Way too early for our liking.

But we made it to Fitness First and it was a little scary walking on the top floor of the closed mall with darkness.

We met our trainer Plern and for 30 minutes we did  sets of functional training with weights and then some balancing core work. It was fun and actually makes me want to continue having a personal trainer because it's nice to do various workout stuff and have someone motivate me to do so. Listening to just music doesn't work for me because I get bored easily. I also suck at running.


SO SOREE. everywhere.
So thennn afterwards my sister and I find out we are both considered overweight here. Is their BMI like the U.S? Wut. I know I"ve gained some over the semester, but dangggg. My sister and I did notice that everyone here is much smaller and skinner than average people in the U.S - it's the asian genetics. It's also why our size is like a L while in the U.S we are size small. Least clothing fits!

 Stopped by "THE MALL" (seriously called the mall) and Pantip. Pantip has a lot of cheap clothing and is like one big giant thrift store, but so much better than goodwill. If i lived here, it would be so easily to have finds for design and for any school projects. I think at some point I saw a tegan and sara poster and some posters these guys were looking at that were beautiful. They were old photography photos blown up take from as late as 1922-1960s. They weren't for sale though =[





 Going to visit this for sure. A cover dance competition. MUST SEEEEEEEE. I wish I could dance as good as people on television.
 Stopped by MK for the best sukiyaki and view of the city.



 A neat design this is - theres a bottle opener on the right side that looks like the handle but isnt.

Asian arcades FTW!!!!
We watched these guys play Pump It Up. Like DDR but with diagional arrows and a center button. Way to tough for me, and these guys were fun to watch. For some songs they created routines together!

But since we suck at Pump it Up, we did some game called Techika or something where you follow this line and push or drag these pop up bubbles to the beat of the music. neatttttt! Video below of Nina playing.

























No comments:

Post a Comment