Search Blog

Monday, June 20, 2011

Day 27 - Chinatown

 Today, we went to Chinatown!

The place where dumplings are better than the mall and the place to get the best chinese food. Legit from Chinese/Thai. There are a lot of signs here that are in chinese/thai

My brother sleeps during every meal. Always at the beginning after one dish.
 So we got dumplings, yay.
We got like 10 or so for $15 and we got our taro buns craving. Definitely the best.


 My gpa's friend and my gpa. I remember him from when i visited two years ago.
 Lots of homeless people around bangkok.

=[

I dont think there are homeless shelters either.
We've seen a lot of them around,
many have disfigured faces and will sing or play an instrument for money. It kinda reminds me of Slumdog Millionaire movie.

We even saw a guy with one leg crawling in the middle of chinatown.



Chinatown is the place to shop. They do wholesales of everything. This is where vendors in malls buy stuff and sell to tourists for a higher price. They had a ton of great stuff and stuff I saw in the malls. They had my linked watches for 250 baht cheaper than what the original price is. I bought a sports watch because I always have to take my bulky one off. This is definitely the place to stop and shop but it was SUPER CROWDEDDDDD. here some videos to show you.


 My dads aunt owns this building?
:O
 CHINAWORLDDD. Supposedly like the 1st centralworld. It is quite small and only has 3 floors. It has a lot of shops like the layout of platinum, but has a lot of fashion fabrics and all. A fashion designer would find Chinatown to be the gold market for everything.
 dooooonuts.






 Some stoplights have a timer.
That's very nice and convenient.
It is kinda also sad to know how much time you have to wait.
 nina be creeping,
just kid.

We were checking out the balcony

Okay, so we were chilling in Dear's room and something falls from the ceiling. We all look over and its a
 GIANT COCKROACHHHHHHH.

We all scream (picture a roller coaster scream) and freak out.
"KILL IT KILL IT!"
"TARA KILL IT!"

It runs over behind a big box.

So I grab the nearest object, its a plastic sheet or something,
my brother grabs some flower pillow and expects to kill it using "flower power" and my sister makes the move to push the box aside. She does and it disappears. What?!

She picks up the items that fell and then a plastic bag full of stuff falls off the box and  cockroach falls out.

We scream like little girls again and then I capture it with my plastic bag. I attempt to move it onto the broom pan but its long antennas and it shifting underneath the plastic was creepy. Our gpa comes in and is like "what is going on?" And I dont know the word for cockroach in thai so I said "ant" and tried to explain BIG BUG in english. He's comes over and is like "That's not an ant, thats called a cockroach" (mangsap) or whatever. We took a photo and he comes over and grabs it and kills it and threw it in the trash. 

Thanks gpa.


















No comments:

Post a Comment