Search Blog

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 24 - CDC

Hey, sorry for the delay, I went to the beach. Here's Friday!!!!!!! fun fun fun funnnn.
We went to CDC (Crystal Design Center), which is more like an architecture and interior design place. Super awesome modern furniture stores and a place that had a nicely designed area to walk around and look at all the different shops. I wish a place like this existed near Tennessee. There was an Italian Festival that showcased some designed appliances and kitchenware. Neat to look at and it reminded me of pretty IKEA things. This place was literally...empty. It was around 11am or so...but still, I would think this place would be packed...but it is a little far from the main parts of the city. I think it is more packed at nighttime.








 Along are some fascinating sculptures outside. Like this big megaphone my sister is standing in. Or the photographing ones that we messed with.

 Not sure what they are looking at. Theres a wall here.

 Weird sculptures with random items attached. Among one of the things is a one legless power ranger.


 A $2 dollar store, YAY! Straight from Japan. Better cool stuff than the $1 store in Tennessee, I promise.
 Ate at Zen, a japanese restaurant. Yay seafood. I love the special sets of every restaurant, especially this one where it came with free watermelon, thai tea, miso soup, lo mein, and kimchi with my salmon for around $6

 COFFEEEEEEEE break. Before the -itis hits.
They had these small designed clothing or food shops on the inside courtyard of this place. Such a pretty pretty place. Seriouslyyyyy.


 This is SGC, a library I think has cool stuff to look at. We walked by it on our way to the taxi to go to Platinum. We spent a few hours looking at clothing and shoes. I didn't have much money so I just wrote down the location of the "aisle", named after British names (oxford, nathan, camden) Platinum is split into 2 big buildings, each housing over 2,000 stores. It is a ridiculous place to walk all through, but they have so many different styles, it is worth shifting through the best fashion outlet mall.
 Thailand is quite the melting pot, they have a lot of influences from big neighboring countries like India and China, but most of all, they have a big western influence from Britain. (Thanks for not copying the U.S and I mean it in a non-sarcastic way) It is probably why I see some shirts here with the British flag and schools here that combine school studies with Britain.




 Dears back! only for the weekend. She comes and goesssss.





The rest of the night consisted of figuring out what to bring to the beach. It's only one day, so it wasn't hard. While at Platinum, I did have some tank tops that I wanted. I bought two, which are in the future beach photos. A yay for RUN DMC and Muay Thai? My dad wouldn't let me buy the muay thai one when we went to MBK, but I'm not going to discuss that. I dont think he accepts that I do yet.

















No comments:

Post a Comment