Search Blog

Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 19 - Fish Spas + Badminton Finals





 Fancy lunch includes fancy wine



The designers --> Trimode Studio 
They spoke english very well, so it definitely helped in communicating and figuring out some graphic design connections.

A performance happening outside of where we ate lunch.
 And also a rally for elections of "VOTE NO!"
There are 26 parties (yeah, im serious) - two big ones though like ours, but if you don't know thailand politics you should know Thailand is one of the top countries with corruption. It seems it stopped traffic on a street and got everyone's head to turn and check it out. I'm not sure what they were saying through their loud music and megaphones.



 Yep, we are at SCG <-- tournament results
















#14 Korea vs #4 China. China won.
& it was a fun close match. I took some good decent photos from the long far distance I was at. I'm glad they came out of the alley right in front of us though. There were japanese women players sitting in front of us, but I didn't ever see them play since I only watched what I caught on tv.



Korean player Lee Yong Dae
- Attracting a huge female crowd that swarmed him before the match and after. My sister was eyeballing him too the whole time. I didnt know him and his doubles partner are ranked #2 in the world. They won! The 1st set was super close, it was 22 - 22 at one point.










my brother laughing - this is how you feel at first, but it was a great experience. Learn about Fish Spas and the "doctor fish here -->> DOCTOR FISH

Even I couldnt stop giggling for 5 minutes straight. It was only $5 for 15 minutes. How rad is that? This was super fun.



We attempted to ride the bus, we waited 10 minutes. While we waited a foreign guy asked me to take photos of him on his camera. I hope they turned out okay. I think half was blurry.

We ate by the river after riding the bus. My dad had a long convo with the bus lady. She was super nice and sweet. Half the bus was sleeping and of course my dad is the only one talking. The bus lady who takes up money fares spoke english well too. She asked how to spell "traffic jam" and "victory monument", the monument you've seen in my earlier postings.







Finally, a beer with my dad! Singha is super good beer. I am going to have to buy tons when I get back.



















4 comments:

  1. May I link some of your photos into my blog?
    My blog address is here: http://campus999.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!! I'm glad you can now say you went to a crazy hardcore badminton tournament. I saw that the 3rd place men doubles winners were American, so that's cool. Now you just need to go play badminton with the crazy good players! And I'm glad I'm not the only person that likes cute badminton guys; I can picture the asian girls screaming over that guy or something lol I haven't reached that level nor the level of swarming haha. Keep having fun! And your brother in that video is hilarious lol

    -Alicia

    ReplyDelete