Search Blog

Friday, July 1, 2011

Day 35 - Ploen

Fitness First!
Involved attempting the Body Jam class and doing Yoga.
Now I dont know what in the world I was thinking when I walked into Body Jam because I realized afterwards how sucky I am at shaking hips and follow steps. I would do poorly in a hip hop dance class. These old people like 40 and up seemed to pick it up and know all the steps while I was in the back confused. We did some old school charlie chaplin dancing, Salsa, and some hip hop. These instructors were a  lot of fun, they looked like bboys. With all the moves I looked over and giggled because it was a little silly. I wasn't sure what I was doing in there and it was a little hard to follow because they spoke thai. A fitness first review will come forth in a video (when I'm not lazy)

Anyway, afterwards was "gentle yoga". My sister and I thought it would be a good idea because we needed a simple stretching class as a break. It turned out to be one of the hardest yoga classes I've ever done. I could do the stretches 1/3 of the way and they were stretches I have never ever done in a yoga class. This was way beyond advanced level and on top of that, the heat was turned on.


 My dad, gpa, and bro met us at round 1pm after our training. My arms wanted to fall off due to arm weight training. I couldn't use chopsticks properly because my arms were so sore.
 Icecream/ice?
 Found my brother. He is not only a toliet, but a bedding.
 So after fitness first and all, I didn't want to go out anywhere really. It was already late close to 2pm so  I got ready to go to TCDC. I forgot that I have to read a book for design class and of course this library would have it, but then on little tiny print it says "be prepared to bring book to class", ughhhhhh, so i guess I'll buy it somewhere. Most likely will find it at Siam Paragon.

On the way, there is a building here that is the shape of a M. type!
 Also these sweet Porches. I mean, really niceeeee.
They were following each other it looked like and the black one had a license plate with the number #1.

It took an hour taxi drive to get there and I was passed out. After working out, my next mode is sleep mode. This is why working out at school doesn't work out so well after classes.


 All i need is my peanuts moleskine to write down notes and ideas. I shifted through a few design books, but I was only allowed a 2 hr stay. I could honestly stay there all day, there is so much information. The website books were on a top shelf. The only way to get there was by ladder and that's a travelling experience I didn't want to do.


 For dinner we went on a packed train where other workers were going home. Rush hour! We were going near Mo Chit for dinner with my dad's friend. My dad doesn't know what he does. His assumption is he is a street drug dealer or something because he is unemployed but can afford 6,000 baht shirts ($180).

I wouldn't be surprised because he looks like a druggie. He has sunken cheekbones and a really dark skin complexion. His throat sounds raspy like he's smoked too many cigarettes or done drugs in his lifetime. He even smells of smoke. To us though it didn't matter because he paid for our dinner. It consisted of some fish, som tum, oysters, and baked spinach. Someone teach me how to make baked spinach with mozzarella.

 So my sister went to the bathroom, came back and told me there were fishes in there. Of course my reaction is wut? this must be photo worthy. Let's check it out! So we did and yes it was photo worthy. Only here would you find a bathroom with an interior decoration of the outside atmosphere with plants and awnings. There's even fake windows that lead to the koi fish water tunnel throughout the bathroom. Basically, while you are using the toliet, you can pass time watching koi fish.


 I thought this place was multiple restaurants. It is actually just one giant one with multiple seating areas throughout. WHOA. It is an old 20+ year old restaurant and I can see why it has lasted so long. The architecture and interior design is beautifully a cross between a modern and formal setting.

Some more of my dad's friends show up, a guy and his wife. Not sure what their names are, but the wife was hilarious to watch. If you have ever seen an asian drama, she would be the dramatic mother with exaggerated expressions and would flip on anything type personality. She thought I was a boy, and also didn't believe I wasn't. She didn't believe I was 21, even when I was sitting there drinking Singha beer. Such fun and games. If you didnt know already, I've been this way since I was 5 years old.






















No comments:

Post a Comment