Search Blog

Monday, July 4, 2011

Day 39 - Bye Fitness First + Karaoke + Academy Fantasia

*cries*
Fitness FIrst official last day.
Since Plern was not with us today, we were suprirsed to find out we got asked to do training with a new one "JIM". I was a little surprised by the name as much as you, but she's nice and def trained differently than Plern. Instead of doing the same set 4 times in a row we did all different things and got the best stretches out of it.

Anyway, got a photo!
And we didn't do any classes since we didn't expect a trainer..


Also, I normally don't shower on such occasions in locker rooms, but since we were to not return back home, I did.

Our attempts of trying a sauna failed when it was SUPER HOTTTTTTTTTT.


And picturing me in a towel is a wierd wierd wierd sight.


I'm sure the people in the locker room who thought I was a guy at some point turned their heads. But anyway,
the difference between american locker rooms and thai ones is the fact that no one strips naked here. Everyone is modest enough to use the changing rooms provided.

YESSSSSSS. That is why I hate american locker rooms.
I cover my eyes in hopes of not seeing an old lady naked in the school locker room.







Dew, my brother, and dear met us and we ate at Zen. Zen is split into 2 restaurants to cover the busy lunch hours. Whoa! Each is individually designed differently which I thought was interesting.








KARAOKEEEEEEEEEE.

KARAOKEEEEEEEEEEEE.

FINALLYYYYY.

I'm sorry, we sing horribly bad.

Today was like... lady gaga's Born this Way theme.




We find out we got tix to Academy Fantasia. Kinda like American Idol, but stalking the 24 contestants on a channel 24/7 and creepily watching them sleep too. Also, for 3 months. I watched part of the show, mainly the auditions. My sister and I's favorite is V9 and V16. Both sang wonderfully to Beyonce and Cee Lo in the next next video. I saw them both audition and knew they sounded and acted differently than the rest. I wish their audition process is as hilarious as American Idol, but their approach seems more real and not trying to get a bunch of views/money.


It took us like a mile walk in the sprinkle rain to find a taxi. =[
There was a traffic jam... no surprise on a saturday night and because the malls were getting packed, it was holding up traffic.

My sandals were slipping and coming loose at times because dear and nina were wearing sandals "attached to ankles so you can walk faster"

We made it an hr and 30 later near Impact Arena (were BEAST will be performing NEXT Saturday)

These tickets were free and we sat super close to the side of the stage near the big screen. Wordddd.

Basically, my sister and I had NO IDEA what the judges or announcer were saying the whole time.
We just assumed that clapping means good.



Girls opened first, then guys, then all of them sang a number. Then, groups of 2-4 would sing individual songs in short clips and then the judges would say whatever.

My favorites were of the english songs (6 out of 18ish?)

Evanescece, Cee Lo, Beyonce, Lady Gaga, etc

Some of the traditional thai songs sounded like what I would hear at a Loatian old peoples wedding/celebration. Ehh, *sleeps*


Not going to lie, some of the song choices were questionably and so were the outfits.
Likeeeee... singing Hallalueh with the biggest jesus cross ever in a dress I would see in a sunday church choir. Pretty sure the song was weird from the beginning since Thailand is a buddhist nation, but nice to see the variety. She wasn't the only contestant to wear this as the tomboy of the show wore a black dress with the longest cross earring dangling. She did look pretty good in a dress. However, I wouldnt as the last dress i wore was for laughing purposes.






THE ASIAN CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW LOOK-A LIKE.














OPENING of thai's #1 hit right now.













The cover f beyonce and cee lo by our favorites TOGETHER.







No comments:

Post a Comment