Search Blog

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 41 - The most adventurous Changmai trip

Too adventurous for words.

Woke up early (so much for sleeping late everyday in the summer!)


 Jelly and coffee, yum yum

 Unsure of where we were going. We drove up this curvy mountain for over 15 minutes passing random stops. It felt like driving to North Carolina on the back curvy roads of doom. Seeing the drops and thinking of the idea of falling off a cliff in a different country.
 So we arrive and we go up this lift. Uhh, up more mountains? I am not sure. I never know the plan. I thought we were heading to see Pandas.
 Oh a temple. So here goes me being a tourist and taking photos of random temple things and all. This was our first temple visit and I didn't bring any pants to this trip because we havent visited a temple at all during this trip. Oh wells, we are foreigners anyway!








 These kids from America were talking about mosquito bites and not having bug spray, haha suckers.







THE CUTEST GIRL EVER.
Now they bug my brother about having a girlfriend.
cats can do yoga poses.
I notice half the cats here live in trees and on roofs. Whoa, super ninja kitties.
 delicious corn!
SOOO thenn, we get in the car after the temple visit and we keep going up the mountain. More to see?! We end up at the King's getaway vacation spot. Geez, I would hate to live in the mountains on a curvy road and foggyness. It was foggy everywhere, but the temperature was perfect. Felt the nice fall 70 degree weather here.

At the king's getaway was a lot of flowers and walkways inspired by british streets. Little did I know that girls have to wear pants to this place so I had to rent some out. They were like big PJ pants.


My sister and I were being silly the whole time.




 Ate some pad thai. Our first pad thai of the summer. Yum Yum.
 My gpa's friend petting one of the dogs, haha.
 Nina is buying an animal hat with mittens attached. Cute!
 Anddd then guess what, we go into the van and go up more into the mountains. WHAAT.

This time, this is a village. Mong people! I've never met a mong person, so this was interesting. They are known for Opium! :O but they do other things like make awesome artsy things and clothing. The tradional clothing they wear is all handmade. It is crazy to see the stitch work they do.


 Unfortunately, opium is not in season, so we visited this waterfall instead. That was sad, i secretly wanted to see opium.
 So after treking down the scary mountain of doom, we finally visit Changmai zoo. You remember me mentioning a channel? The Panda channel?  Yep, we visited that zoo with the panda channel.
 Uh. The panda is sleeping.

 I mean, all of them were.
 OH OH, until one woke up. Then all of us tourists flocked to it with our cameras loaded to see the cuteness of the panda take fold. It was fun. The panda rolled around, itched it's booty, and ate bamboo.




 After the panda visit, we were kinda done with the zoo. We took the tram which no one seemed to want to get off to look at the penguins, lions,  or bears. The zoo is smaller than the San Diego zoo, but seemed to have spaced everything out through the thick forest greens. We did pass some elephants and my dad asked if I wanted to ride one.

YESSSSSSSS.

Then they said to wait till tomorrow.
SO EXCITED.

 We got back to the hotel. And well, since our days are short, we decided to walk around. Our hotel was by some busy looking streets with street vendors and shops. It was just me, my dad, my sister. We were looking for a haircut place because the one next to the hotel was busy.

We stopped for some Roti, indian pancake. It was mad delicious with sugar inside.
We did find out around a corner. Korean haircut = $6.
YES.

I picked this place because they seemed to deal with a lot of teens and asian hairstyles, so I wanted it to be done correctly.

We walked in and a guy just got a mohawk cut and say to my dad "What if I got this haircut?!" He said "I dont care what you get" which was a test because it is exactly what my sister and Dear picked for me to tryout.

I love the way they cut hair in thailand. They certainly do it right and made it shorter on the sides. It is the shortest side buzzcut i've ever had done.

Next haircut will have line designs. =]










 For dinner we went to this place where you ate in this traditional nice place where you sit on mats.

 Given is this platter of food. They had some super good tasting dish that reminded me of Indian food. The curry was similar. I forgot thailand and india are similar in many ways.

Andddd a show happened. It was fun watching the different dances. The videos show you some of them. This outfit was the creepiest. Sometimes the dancers would come out into the crowd for photos and for tips. Cheapest place to get photos! It's only like a 20 baht tip.

At the end, they grabbed volunteers to try out the thai rumba dance. It is what I have seen at weddings and parties. I dont know what got into me, but I joined and now know how to do a thai dance.



View Day 41 (418 <--omg i know) Photo Album

No comments:

Post a Comment