Search Blog

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Day 3 - Intro to the House



 There is a Badminton Tournament in Thailand next month!
While we were at the store, my grandpa recognized a famous Korean badminton player staying here for it.
That's awesome!
Hopefully I get to go watch.
We mainly went out for my haircut.
It is like 90+ degrees and I needed a haircut much shorter and because I knew they can cut asian hair effortlessly.

We went to Central Plaza, near the place with all the outside markets pictured in Day 2.


 They washed my hair and during the process the lady said something in Thai. Normally back at home, when laotians speak to me I say "YES" or "OKAY", but this rule did not however apply to this conversation because the lady was confused and asked the lady next to her what I meant.
#FAIL
 "Japanese haircuts/Korean haircuts" don't apply to just Japan or Korea, but throughout Asia.
Everyone here has sweet haircuts and fashion. I am pretty jealous because I want both.


Mohawks!

and half the people in this salon room had highlights/dyed auburn hair.


I was skeptical at first, but whoa -
so.impressed.

Randyn, you have competition in Asia.

I now know how they make asian hair fluffy.
You take a spikey brush and roll it in your hair with a fine hair dryer.
It reminded me of an Armadillo rolling in the grass on a windy day.



 What? wash my hair again?
And cut again?

Okay, this is awesome.
150 baht = $5
Do I tip? I would've tipped like 200 baht,
but my cousin nodded no. x_x


Oh, it rained.
It does flood some streets, but the narrow streets (that magically fit two cars) have indents on the side of the road to flow the water elsewhere.
I thought they were just marks for sidewalks.
central plaza




Sukiyaki style














MK Restaurant 



How to eat at MK restaurant - sukiyaki
  • Pick uncooked veggies , meat, or seafood
  • Dump in scorching hot water
  • Wait a minute and take out
  • Wait a few minutes to cool down or you may   burn your tongue terribly to where you cant  enjoy food
  • Enjoy the yummyness





DUMPLINGGSSSSSSSSS





Just for you Nina, SANRIO HEAVEN

Shoe shopping

Tried on 3 different pairs,
but these were the one! Sometimes my toe breaks the top of shoes, but these looked like they wouldn't and they had a good cushion at the bottom.

Yonex SHB 102 MX
$3430 baht = $113
A little cheaper, but worth it as it will accompany me to tournaments



RECAP 







THE MK DANCE




If I was still in TENNNESSEE, I would go to
DEXFEST(June 16th) =
Ghostland Observatory
Skrillex
Big Gigantic
BoomBox
and
Emancipator


Big Gigantic and Emancipator have been wonderful to see and the other artists are super great too!



1 comment:

  1. I'm living vicariously through you. Looks like a sweet place. YAY for new badminton shoes. You should definitely go to that tournament and take many videos and pictures of cute Thai guys for me :) haha. Have fun!

    -Alicia

    ReplyDelete