Search Blog

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day 1 - Flying to Thailand


Sa-Wat-Dee! (Hello)
I left Tuesday 9am and got here in Thailand round midnight Wednesday.
 Talk about a long flight. 19 hrs + flight changes and waiting. 

I didn't know how to feel about flying alone and going to Thailand. I'm here though and am stoked about literally EVERYTHING! Last Thailand trip I didn't have a DSLR, so all of you are in for a treat during this blog because I keep taking photos of every little thing, even my camera is overwhelmed. Good thing I have a Ipod Touch because its easier to carry than my dslr on plane rides.

Nashville, TN --> Chicago, IL (2 hrs)
Chicago, IL --> Narita/Tokyo, Japan (12 hrs)
Narita/Tokyo, Japan --> Bangkok, Thailand  (6 hrs)



I slept a lot and lost track of time. I slept during takeoff, before takeoff, after takeoff.


Nashville traffic? How do you do it Janey?!

My boarding time was 8:25am, but got there at 8:35am because of Nashville car accident near Harding Pl and xcore stop and go traffic on Murfreesboro Rd.

Aside from being late a few times, asian airlines is still way cooler and top-notched.



Treking through Chicago Airport being late to my next connection.

The design of this is a little terrible as it is one long stretch hallway. 




Japan Airlines to the rest of the way




Disappointed in no sushi, but this was delicious too with Haagen-Dazs 


I recommend the Green Hornet and Little Fockers for the trip.

The US needs these awesome screens, equipped with a bird's eye view, games like tetris, and up to date movies




My flight pathway.

Honestly I am scared of the deep blue so knowing they fly close to land makes me feel a little better



SafetyFirst!





I wanted to buy things at the Japan Airport, but everything was literally in Japanese.





Getting to Narita/Tokyo, Japan.
Went through another load of security

but forgot about their awesome toliets!
When I first went there I thought the flush button was on the side near the other 6 buttons, I was wrong -
 it was a "Fake flushing" sound. So be warned, those buttons may trigger the washing your rear button or the deodorizing one. :O






Arrival at Bangkok at midnight.

They have Muslim Prayer rooms!
&& I was slightly lost so I walked around for 30 mins until I found my dad's brother, my aunt, and my cousin!




No comments:

Post a Comment